For over 50 years, ILSEMANN has been known for engineering made in Germany. Our experience enables progress.
A company that can look back on over 50 years of success could never be the result of one individual’s achievements. Such a long success story is the result of many good ideas and decisions. It is the willingness of each individual to collaborate and work together, using their own skills and abilities to build toward a common goal.
The future is what we make of it.”
1965 – 1969
- Founding of the sole-proprietorship “Ingenieur-Büro Heino Ilsemann” in Bremen, Bismarckstraße 414 by Heino Ilsemann. Production and assembly were carried out in a rented workshop in Kirchweyhe. The first order was for a filling and sealing machine for 125 g coffee cans, issued by the Eduscho company in Bremen.
- Hiring of the first five employees.
- Production of additional coffee filling and sealing machines for the Tschibo and Eduscho companies.
- Development and production of additional machines, including a ham press, a pig head cleaning machine, shrink wrapping machines for the glass industry and saws for frozen fish.
First can filling and capping machine, a so called DAD, is near completion
Company founder Heino Ilsemann in his new office
Development and construction of the fastest shrink-wrapping machine of its time
1970 – 1979
- Entry into the multimedia industry.
- Rental of an additional 500 m² of production area.
- Development of the fastest magazine-packing machine for Bertelsmann, Quelle and Otto-Versand, operating at 140 cycles per minute.
- First machine exported to the USA – a type KZM-2 audiocassette packing machine.
- First appearance at Interpack in Düsseldorf.
- Relocation of manufacturing plant, offices and workshop to Bremen.
Audio Cassette Packing Machine KZM-2
Magazine packing machine VEZ
First machine export to the USA
Heino Ilsemann booth at the INTERPACK in Düsseldorf
New manufacturing plant with offices and workshop in Bremen
Serial production of multimedia machines in the new assembly hall
THE MULTIMEDIA YEARS
1980 – 1989
- Entry into the packaging machine market for the videocassette industry.
- Entry into the compact disc (CD) industry.
- Development and manufacture of the worldwide first ever CD packaging lines for PolyGram: the KCS-1 and CM-3.
- Construction of a new production plant with a production area of 5,200 m², increasing production and assembly capacity.
- 25th anniversary of the founding of Heino Ilsemann GmbH.
Video cassette packaging machine VVM-2
CD Wrapping Machine KCD-1
CD Box Foil Wrapping Machine CM-3
Further expansion in the multimedia sector – construction of a new assembly hall
25 years HEINO ILSEMANN – the staff at that time
1990 – 1999
- Relocation to the new building on Julius-Bamberger-Straße 2 in Bremen with increased production capacity and office space on a total area of 8,170 m².
- Founding of the Ilsemann Corporation in Philadelphia, USA.
- Takeover of Peter Suhling GmbH (with approximately 90 employees), a manufacturer of automation solutions for the plastics industry.
- Construction of an additional assembly plant on Julius-Bamberger-Straße 2 and expansion of office space.
- Development and construction of the first packaging line for the newly developed medium of DVDs.
New building with a total plant area of 8170 sqm
First office in the USA
Takeover of Peter Suhling GmbH and later transfer of Suhling Technik GmbH to Heino Ilsemann GmbH
Total factory area 10,350 sqm
First KVD-10 DVD packaging machine for Warner Music in Alsdorf, Germany
2000 – 2009
- Transfer of Suhling Technik GmbH to Heino Ilsemann GmbH as ILSEMANN AUTOMATION.
- Entry into the pharmaceutical packaging industry.
- Largest annual delivery of multimedia machines in company history.
- ILSEMANN AUTOMATION enters the in-mold labeling market for food packaging.
- ILSEMANN AUTOMATION enters the US market, which is still growing today.
- Delivery of the first automation system to Precise, USA.
- Delivery of the first BMP-100 blistering packaging machine for tablets to a customer in the pharmaceutical industry.
Entry into the pharmaceutical packaging industry
DVD packaging machine KVD-20
Heino Ilsemann becomes Bremen Entrepreneur of the Year 2004
Blister machine BMP-100
Development of a lightweight carbon gripper that provides a 16 g acceleration for a take out time of less than 0.27 seconds.
LOOKING TO THE FUTURE
- Merger of both production sites, HEINO ILSEMANN and ILSEMANN AUTOMATION, into the Julius-Bamberger-Straße 2 location.
- 50th anniversary of the founding of Heino Ilsemann GmbH.
- Consolidation of competencies in the area of automation solutions for the pharmaceutical and medical industries at ILSEMANN AUTOMATION.
- Preparation for the construction of a new assembly plant.
United Heino Ilsemann and Ilsemann Automation production site
50th anniversary of Heino Ilsemann GmbH
Automation solutions for the pharmaceutical and medical industries